Monday 2 March 2009

Epiphany

Fearless. Today I had an epiphany about the word fearless. I was writing a song and I was talking about being fearless but I couldn't figure out why the verses weren't working with the chorus and I realized that it was because in the verses I was talking about bravery and in the chorus I was talking about fearlessness. Now here's the difference: Bravery is attainable and fearlessness is not. When you're brave it's doing the right thing and ignoring your fear but fearlessness is having absolutely no fear. Human nature prevents us from being fearless so we often use that word instead of brave. We've devalued the word fearless. We must understand that only God is truly "fearless" where we are only brave.

3 comments:

  1. Very true. Wow. Deep. I never really thought about it before. Good distinction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, thats great. I never really thought about that.

    BTW
    Ellie send me some songs.
    Now.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kendra. It was deep and very logical.

    ReplyDelete